Based at: St Joseph’s RC Primary School
Hours: 12.00am to 1.30pm
Salary: Scale 1
Responsible for: Pupils under their care as directed
Purpose of Job:
To ensure, individually or as part of a team, the welfare and safety of all children remaining within school grounds or buildings during lunch times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To supervise children in the hall whilst they eat their lunch. For some children with severe difficulties this may include carrying out feeding programmes and helping children to learn to feed themselves.
2. To ensure the safety of children on the playground and around the school by always being vigilant and taking action to minimise risks during the lunch hour and reporting any potential dangers to the teacher on duty.
3. To supervise children on the playground or in school during the lunch hour. This will include teaching children how to play games together and relate to each other positively.
4. To report any minor injuries to children to the school nurse, class teacher or designated first aider.
5. To undertake the personal care of pupils including supervising them in the toilet or changing them if necessary.
6. To undertake other duties as necessary eg setting up, clearing and cleaning tables in the dining room.
7. To work with pupils within the classroom on a 1-1 basis or in small groups, listening to readers for example
8. To undertake training as required.
9. To comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
To take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of him/herself and for others affected by
his/her work, and to co-operate with the employer in ensuring that Health & Safety
responsibilities are carried out.
10. To undertake any other relevant duties, at the same grade, as required.